Cholesterol refers to a fatty substance naturally found in the blood. It helps rebuild the cells and serves as an important component of steroid hormones and Vitamin D. However, when we eat fatty foods, we are ingesting more cholesterol than our bodies require or need. The conclusion is an excessive buildup of fat in the arteries that can cause partial or full blockage of these vessels eventually leading to heart disease, heart attack, and even stroke. So while cholesterol is essential for normal body functioning, it is even more important to keep the levels of cholesterol within normal range.
Normal values of cholesterol
- Less than 200 mg/dl — Desirable level that puts you at lower risk for coronary heart disease.
- 200 to 239 mg/dl — Borderline high
- 240 mg/dl and above — High blood cholesterol. A person with this level has more than twice the risk of coronary heart disease A blood test to check cholesterol levels called a lipid profile.
What are causative factors for Cholesterol?
- An unhealthy diet- Eating too much saturated fat causes high cholesterol. You will find this unhealthy fat foods that come from animals. Beef, pork, veal, milk, eggs, butter, and cheese contain saturated fat.
- Lack of exercise or physical activity
- Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.
- Smoking. A chemical found in cigarettes known as acrolein stops “good cholesterol” from transporting fatty deposits to the liver, contributing to atherosclerosis
- Family history of early heart disease or stroke
- Family history of a cholesterol-related condition
How homeopathic medicines work for your Cholesterol?
In Homeopathy, medicines are highly individualized to the patient and this helps in lowering LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, raising HDL cholesterol, inhibit the formation of plaque, lower high blood pressure, detoxify the body and also enhance your immunity system.
Homeopathic medicines can help maintain cardiovascular function and a healthier circulatory system. People on multiple medications can safely take Homeopathic medicines.
Effective remedies include: Berberis vulgaris, Psorinum, Nux.vom, Cretagus, Phosphorus etc