Gout refers to form of acute arthritis that causes severe pain and swelling in the joints. Mostly it affects the big toe, but may also affect the heel, ankle, hand, wrist, or elbow, rarely affects the spine. Gout usually comes on suddenly, eventually goes away after 5-10 days, and can keep recurring.
Men are more likely to develop gout, but women become increasingly susceptible to gout after menopause. It is also called “gouty arthritis”
What are causative factors for gout?
The main causes include:
- Genetics –20 to 80 percent of people with gout have a family history gout
- Weight – Being overweight increases risk of gout
- Alcohol- Drinking too much alcohol keeps the body away from removing uric acid.
- Eating high-Purine foods can contribute to gout flares or make them worse. These foods include asparagus, beef kidneys, brains, dried beans and peas, game meats, gravy, herring, liver, mackerel, mushrooms, sardines, scallops, and sweetbread
- Other health problems –This may contribute to gout include: high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, psoriasis, hemolyticanemia, or some cancers, Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome
- Lesch-Nyhan syndrome and some inherited disorders
- Diuretics -These are taken to ease high blood pressure, edema, and heart disease. They also reduce the amount of uric acid passed in the urine.
- Skin Itching and peeling around the affected area
- Redness and inflammation of the sufferer will most likely have tender, red and swollen joint(s) in the areas that experienced the most pain.
- The affected area may become red or purplish, making the patient think he has an infection.
- Fever – Some patients have an elevated temperature.
- The affected joint may be harder to use, the patient has limited movement.
How homeopathic medicines work for your Gout?
Homeopathic medicines can provide a measure of relief during painful attacks of joint pain and inflammation.
Homeopathic medicines decrease the swelling and inflammation as well as aid in the healing of the joints. Gout is caused by the build-up of uric acid in the joints, particularly of the hands and feet.
Homeopathy helps in controlling the pain during the acute attack of gout as well as helps in preventing the recurrence of such episodes.
remedies: Belladonna, Berberis vulgaris, Bryonia, Calcareafluorica,,