Migraine refers to a common form of headache where there is episodic, paroxysmal headache usually but not necessarily affecting one side of the head. It may or may not be associated with giddiness, nausea, vomiting.
Migraine Pain is usually intense and lasting for half an hour to over a couple of days. The attack of migraine is usually preceded by constriction of the cranial vessels (blood vessels supplying the brain and skull) and the headache commences with dilatation of these blood vessels.
What are causative factors for Migraine?
Migraine is a vascular headache caused due to vasodilatation and abnormalities in the levels of certain chemicals in the brain.It also tends to be hereditary in nature.
Triggering factors are;
- Certain foods and beverages such as alcoholic drinks, chocolates, red wine.
- Skipping meals, lack of sleep, changes in sleeping pattern
- Strong odors, perfumes
- Menstrual periods
- Change in weather
- Excessive fatigue
- Bright light
Diagnosis of Migraine
Diagnosis is based on the history given by the people. Certain investigations are:
- CT scan-This help healthcare to diagnose tumors, infections, brain damage etc.
- MRI-To produces detailed images of brain and blood vessels.
- Spinal tap -In this, a thin needle is inserted between two vertebrae in the lower back to extract a sample of cerebrospinal fluid for laboratory analysis.
- Magnetic resonance angiography
How homeopathic medicines work for your Migraine?
· Homeopathic medicines for Migraines have to be specific to every individual.
· The Homeopathic treatment for Migraine is checked out after a detailed analysis and review of past treatments for Migraine and medicines for Migraine taken by you.
· Homeopathy believes that migraine is a personality disorder and hence the treatment should be determined according to the patient personality.
Commonly prescribed homeopathy medicines for migraine:Bell.,Bry.,Nux-v.,Puls.,Gels.,Iris.,Sang-can.,Spig.