Sinus/Sinusitis is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. The inflammation might be caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus. The infection may be the result of an allergic or autoimmune reaction – when the immune system attacks healthy cells.
Types of Sinusitis:
· Acute sinusitis: It begins with coldlike symptoms such as a runny, stuffy nose and facial pain. It may start sudden and usually last 2-4 weeks.
· Subacute sinus: Inflammation lasts 4 to 12 weeks.
· Chronic inflammation: Symptoms usually last 12 weeks or longer.
· Recurrent sinusitis: Happens many times a year.
What are causative factors for Sinus/Sinusitis?
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis
- Small growths in the nose lining known as nasal polyps
- A deviated septum
How homeopathic medicines work for your Sinus/Sinusitis?
The Homeopathic treatment of sinusitis is far superior. The homeopathic medicine for sinusitis is mild as it doesn’t resort strong medicines and has the additional benefit that it does not cause any side effect.
Commonly indicated Homeopathic remedies:
· Belladonna: Throbbing pains in the front head part that come on suddenly.
· Sulphur: Rarely indicated at the start of a sinusitis condition. Children begin sneezing and then occur sinusitis from the least exposure to cold air.
· Kali bich:The distinguishing feature of children with sinusitis who need this remedy is that they have a thick, stringy nasal discharge.