Is Homeopathic Treatment Effective For Thyroid?
The thyroid is the butterfly-shaped gland present at the throat base. It secretes hormones that control the body metabolic processes. Thyroid diseases can vary from a slight enlargement that does not require treatment to life threatening thyroid cancer.
What are causative factors for thyroid?
There are two main types of thyroid disorders are hypothyroidism when the thyroid gland secretes less than required thyroid hormone and hyperthyroidism when the thyroid gland secretes hormones in excess.
The causes of hypothyroidism:-
· Inflammation of the thyroid gland
· An autoimmune condition called Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
· Postpartum thyroiditis
· Iodine deficiency in body
The causes of hyperthyroidism:-
· Grave’s disease – In this the whole thyroid gland is overactive and this leads to an excess thyroid hormone.
· Nodules- In this single or multiple nodules within the thyroid gland becomes overactive.
Iodine excess which can be due to intake of certain medication.
How do homeopathic medicines work for your Thyroid?
Homeopathy has a significant role to play in the treatment of various thyroid issues. Several researches have been conducted that have yielded favourable results for the treatment of thyroid problems by homeopathic remedies.
Homeopathic medications directly impact on the thyroid gland and correct the imbalance in the normal functioning of the gland. This eventually brings the level of thyroid hormone within normal range without causing dependency of a patient on medications.
Commonly indicated homeopathic medicines for thyroid problems:-
· Calcareacarbonica– It is given to patients who have a tendency to gain excessive weight as well as sweat profusely on the head and neck.
· Iodium– It is indicated in thyroid patients with rapid metabolism such that they are exceedingly thin despite a voracious appetite.
· Sepia– It is indicated in thyroid problems that occur during pregnancy, lactation and childbirth.